Quality Control Assistant
- Follow all company safety and quality requirements
- Work with aggregate suppliers to gather and deliver aggregate samples for asphalt mix designs
- Assist with GPS survey instrumentation and Intelligent Compaction
- Assist with Drone flight measurement of aggregate stockpile inventories
- Assist the Quality Control Manager, as needed, on field issues requiring investigation and decisions associated with product quality and conformance
- Assist Lab Technicians to Calibrate and maintain QC testing equipment
- Assist Lab Technicians while performing QC Testing procedures
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization, time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- General computer experience along with experience using spreadsheet and word processing programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, etc.)
- General understanding and practical work experience within the construction industry
- Ability to read construction plan and specifications
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to communicate and work well with all team members
- Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multicultural work environment
- Ability work with multiple vendors and customers
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Able to work flexible schedules and overtime or weekends when needed
- Ability to maintain on call flexibility to control abnormal conditions and changing production schedules
- Must be dependable and trustworthy
- Able to walk, sit, stand and lift up to 60 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology, Construction Management or related field or actively pursuing education.
- Preferred but not required
- This job requires the ability to lift, pull, and push a minimum of 60 lbs., bend, stoop, kneel, reach, squat, and twist.
- This job requires the ability to see, whether naturally or with vision correction tools (glasses, contacts).
- The essential job tasks are performed in both a field office environment and in the field with varying temperatures, humidity, sand, wind, or other extreme inclement weather conditions for periodic times.
Nothing in this job description creates, or is intended to create a promise or representation of continued employment and that employment at Mayo Construction is employment at will, which may be terminated at the will of either Mayo Construction or the employee at any time for any reason, except those protected by local, state and federal law. This job description is neither a contract of employment nor a legal document. Employment may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time by Mayo Construction or the employee.
Mayo Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race or color, religion or creed, ancestry or national origin, gender, gender identity, expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic testing information, AIDS/HIV, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, and other related conditions, lawful conduct outside of work, if receiving public assistance, if a member of a local commission, or amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment. Mayo Construction complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Mayo Construction expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race or color, religion or creed, ancestry or national origin, gender, gender identity, expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic testing information, AIDS/HIV, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, and other related conditions, lawful conduct outside of work, if receiving public assistance, if a member of a local commission, or amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment. Improper interference with the ability of Mayo Construction employees to perform their expected job may result in immediate termination.