Project Coordinator / Project Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Provide overall management direction for existing projects and develop new business opportunities relative to a particular client, group of clients, geographical area or type of project. Planning and execution of the job includes resolving issues, managing resources, project coordination, interfacing with all levels of project representatives regarding the project’s progress, and oversight of project accounting to efficiently, successfully, and profitably complete assigned construction projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Manage overall project performance (scope, safety, quality, schedule, innovation, cost, and customer/owner satisfaction).
- Report project status and performance data to owner and team members.
- Plan, organize subcontractors, and staff key field positions.
- Manage employees needed for the job (i.e. flaggers, laborers, etc.).
- Be responsible for timecard completion and submittal to the business office.
- Coordinate, track, and report hired trucking for the project.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Ensure that all Traffic Control Devices are installed and maintained properly. Proper paperwork documented daily.
- Manage and complete the monitoring and repair of our Erosion and Sediment Control Plan.
- Represent company in project meetings (pre-construction, project, staff meetings); assist in labor strategy meetings.
- Develop appropriate materials for project meetings and record minutes for future reference.
- Ensure that project reporting is submitted on-time (submittals, minority, progress, etc.)
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest. Code invoices with job cost codes.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with client and A/E contacts.
- Implement schedules for jobs.
- Maintain thorough, organized and legible job files.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental requirements.
- Complete other directives as assigned by your direct supervisor.
- Monitor quantities on completed work.
- Expedite change order work and record invoices.
- Prepare job contact list and project manual for field personnel.
- Notify responsible parties in any change or deviation of original work and assist in preparing change order requests.
- Demonstrate appropriate people skills to facilitate smooth operation of the project.
- Conduct thorough project closeouts and see that all paperwork and signoffs are completed as required.
- Maintain an insurable driving record.
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of Heavy Civil Project Management Experience.
- Knowledge of construction, design, finance and management required.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Skilled in assuming responsibility, being organized, reaching deadlines, and being a team player.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and all forms of data entry.
- Effective utilization of the internet as a research and information source.
- Willingness, and ability, to be trained and certified in specific construction practices (i.e. traffic control, erosion control, personal management, etc.)
- Ability to compose letters alone or based on materials and data supplied by others.
- Have the ability to train others to perform at acceptable levels.
View other openings for Office/Management
Nothing in this job description creates, or is intended to create a promise or representation of continued employment and that employment at Mayo Construction is employment at will, which may be terminated at the will of either Mayo Construction or the employee at any time for any reason, except those protected by local, state and federal law. This job description is neither a contract of employment nor a legal document. Employment may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time by Mayo Construction or the employee.
Mayo Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race or color, religion or creed, ancestry or national origin, gender, gender identity, expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic testing information, AIDS/HIV, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, and other related conditions, lawful conduct outside of work, if receiving public assistance, if a member of a local commission, or amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment. Mayo Construction complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Mayo Construction expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race or color, religion or creed, ancestry or national origin, gender, gender identity, expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic testing information, AIDS/HIV, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, and other related conditions, lawful conduct outside of work, if receiving public assistance, if a member of a local commission, or amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment. Improper interference with the ability of Mayo Construction employees to perform their expected job may result in immediate termination.