- Control the flow of traffic through the construction work zone.
- Set up signs, cones, and barrels according to project specifications and safety standards.
- Break down and clean up the work zone upon completion of the flagging operation.
- Communicate and explain traffic delays with the public..
- Must have the initiative, ability, and willingness to perform and assist with other job positions for job completion as requested.
- Must have strong and clear verbal, visual, and auditory communication skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent safety awareness and a willingness to comply with company policies and safety standards.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation and have the ability to travel. Periodic evenings, nights, weekends, and overtime hours are expected. Mayo Construction works in all parts of ND and surrounding states. Job sites move every 3-6 weeks and it is expected that employees provide their own housing accommodations. Many Mayo employees choose to stay near the site in camper trailers. All costs involved with housing are the responsibility of the employee.
- Must wear proper attire at all times including: safety vests, safety glasses when appropriate, long pants, hard sole/close-toed shoes, and reflect a clean and presentable image.
- Must complete and pass a background check and drug test prior to employment, as well as subsequent random drug testing if hired.
- Project a positive and cooperative attitude by maintaining courteous and professional conduct with Supervisors, co-workers, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to provide proper documentation that you have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred.
- This job requires the ability to lift, pull, and push a minimum of 50 lbs., bend, stoop, kneel, reach, squat, and twist. In addition, you must have the ability to be on your feet regularly and use hands, arms, and legs repeatedly on the job. This includes frequently walking on sloped ground and slippery and uneven surfaces.
- This job requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- This job requires the ability to see, whether naturally or with vision correction tools (glasses, contacts).
- This job requires the ability to perform essential job tasks in less than favorable job conditions. These may include, but are not limited to: Performing work in varying temperatures, humidity, sand, wind, or other extreme inclement weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Work may be performed in an environment with exposure to extremely hot materials, fuel, fumes, vapors, dust, grease and oils, as well as loud and/or constant noise and exposure to moving equipment.
View other openings for Labor Flaggers
Nothing in this job description creates, or is intended to create a promise or representation of continued employment and that employment at Mayo Construction is employment at will, which may be terminated at the will of either Mayo Construction or the employee at any time for any reason, except those protected by local, state and federal law. This job description is neither a contract of employment nor a legal document. Employment may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time by Mayo Construction or the employee.
Mayo Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race or color, religion or creed, ancestry or national origin, gender, gender identity, expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic testing information, AIDS/HIV, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, and other related conditions, lawful conduct outside of work, if receiving public assistance, if a member of a local commission, or amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment. Mayo Construction complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Mayo Construction expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race or color, religion or creed, ancestry or national origin, gender, gender identity, expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic testing information, AIDS/HIV, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, and other related conditions, lawful conduct outside of work, if receiving public assistance, if a member of a local commission, or amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment. Improper interference with the ability of Mayo Construction employees to perform their expected job may result in immediate termination.