- The Field Operations Coordinator is the direct contact between Field Operations and Office Administration in the areas of payroll, new hire support, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Document several aspects of the job including: tracking employees time, materials received, payment quantities and outside services used. This information is required on a weekly basis and under a specified time frame.
- Assistant to the Job Superintendent in many ways including: 1. Distributing and communicating information, 2. Managing Truck Time, and 3. Running for parts, supplies, and other equipment that is needed to successfully perform the job.
- Collect and submit invoices and packing slips to document purchases.
- Compile outside trucking times for payment.
- Track pay quantities such as: gravel haul tickets, flagger hours, tack quantities, AC deliveries, and asphalt weigh tickets.
- Order, stock and pick up supplies needed for crew such as: equipment, tools, lab supplies and misc. parts.
- Be flexible and willing to DO what it takes to keep the job moving such as: running for parts and supplies as requested.
- Distribute weekly payroll checks.
- The Construction season is limited and as a result, this position is seasonal from May to November.
- Must be flexible with job duties and willing to do what it takes to keep the job running.
- Must have strong and clear verbal, visual, written and auditory communication skills.
- General office skills including: email, fax, cell phone, Word and basic Excel functions.
- Valid driver’s license and company approved driving record.
- Must have reliable transportation and have the ability to travel. Periodic evenings, nights, weekends, and overtime hours are expected. Mayo Construction works in all parts of ND and surrounding states. Job sites move every 3-6 weeks and it is expected that employees provide their own housing accommodations. Many Mayo employees choose to stay near the site in camper trailers. All costs involved with housing are the responsibility of the employee.
- Must wear proper attire at all times including: safety vests, safety glasses when appropriate, long pants, hard sole/close-toed shoes, and reflect a clean and presentable image.
- Must complete and pass a background check and drug test prior to employment, as well as subsequent random drug testing if hired.
- Project a positive and cooperative attitude by maintaining courteous and professional conduct with Supervisors, co-workers, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to provide proper documentation that you have the legal right to work in the United States.
- This job requires the ability to lift, pull, and push a minimum of 25 lbs., bend, stoop, kneel, reach, squat, and twist.
- This job requires the ability to see, whether naturally or with vision correction tools (glasses, contacts).
- The essential job tasks are performed in both a field office environment and in the field with varying temperatures, humidity, sand, wind, or other extreme inclement weather conditions for periodic times.
View other openings for Office/Management
Nothing in this job description creates, or is intended to create a promise or representation of continued employment and that employment at Mayo Construction is employment at will, which may be terminated at the will of either Mayo Construction or the employee at any time for any reason, except those protected by local, state and federal law. This job description is neither a contract of employment nor a legal document. Employment may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time by Mayo Construction or the employee.
Mayo Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race or color, religion or creed, ancestry or national origin, gender, gender identity, expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic testing information, AIDS/HIV, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, and other related conditions, lawful conduct outside of work, if receiving public assistance, if a member of a local commission, or amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment. Mayo Construction complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Mayo Construction expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race or color, religion or creed, ancestry or national origin, gender, gender identity, expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic testing information, AIDS/HIV, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth, and other related conditions, lawful conduct outside of work, if receiving public assistance, if a member of a local commission, or amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment. Improper interference with the ability of Mayo Construction employees to perform their expected job may result in immediate termination.